Monday, July 13, 2009

We FINALLY Started!!!!

Tonight was the night. We started P90X. I'm not gonna lie, it totally kicked our butts. Made us realize how weak we are. We're gonna have to start earlier though. We started at 7:15, did Chest and Back till 8:15 then Ab Ripper X till 8:35. I made dinner that wasn't ready till 9:30 then we finished at 10:00! Eating that late totally isn't helping.

So we got all of our equipment ready: dumbells (which we both need heavier ones...that's a good sign though), resistance bands, and chinning bar. After that we took our "before" photos. Here is a pathetic taste of what P90X has to deal with.
Beginning weight: 220 lbs.

Beginning weight: 130 lbs.

Tonight we had to do all kinds of push ups (and some other things). From standard, military, dive bombers, and more. Now if you know me....I can't even do one standard push up. However, I did them all on my knees and did better than I thought I would. I mean...when the girl on the video was doing 16, I was doing 2 or 3. But appearantly that is somewhat normal.

Josh did better than me (although he sweats A LOT more than me). It wasn't a walk in the park for him either though. He was struggling and realized we needed to do a better job at pacing ourselves from the beginning. The bar didn't work that well though. Josh's shoulders would hit the handle bars stopping him from going up all the way. So we need to get another bar.

They also had us do the Ab Ripper X for 16 minutes. THAT KILLED! Oh my goodness...we were grunting and breathing so heavily we had to stop and laugh a couple of times. But that workout was so difficult....my entire body will ache tomorrow. I just can't believe we have to do another one tomorrow, and the next day, and the next....no days off for 89 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment